Task 1: Join the course Slack group
Students are encouraged to use Slack for communication with the instructor. All students will receive an invitation to the class Slack group. Students can ask questions, collaborate with others, and share relevant information on topics relating to the course. Students will receive an invitation to join the Slack group. If a student did not receive the invite, please contact Bruce.
You can learn more about Slack and how to install and configure it here.
Task 2: Sign Up for a GitHub Account
- Go to http://github.com
- In the upper right-hand corner of the page, click on the Sign up button.
- Fill out the form fields with the following information:
- Username: a unique name for your account
- Email address: Use your Clark student email address or an email address of your choice.
- Password: a password that only you will know (write it down somewhere for safekeeping)
- Click on the verify button and answer the puzzle.
- Once you have solved the puzzle, the Create an Account button will be clickable. Click the button.
- You will then be sent an email to confirm your account. Be sure to confirm your account, or it won’t be created.
Task No. 3: Complete Your Codeography
Your Codeography (coding biography) gives you the opportunity to tell your instructor about your previous coding experience and your expectations in this class. It’s helpful for your instructor to know more about his students, in order to serve them best.